The SCALANCE XC‑300 product line comprises compact Industrial Ethernet switches for installation in control cabinets for constructing electrical and/or optical line, star and ring topologies operating at data transmission rates up to 10 Gbps.
- With 32x RJ45 ports 10/100/1000 Mbps, for mounting in control cabinet
- With 24x RJ45 ports 10/100/1000 Mbps and 4x SFP ports 1/10 Gbps
- With 16x RJ45 ports 10/100/1000 Mbps and 8x SFP ports 1/10 Gbps
- With 16x RJ45 ports 10/100/1000 Mbps, 4x SFP ports 1/10 Gbps and 3x RJ45 ports 1/2.5/5/10 Gbps
The SCALANCE XC‑300 Industrial Ethernet switches with a rugged enclosure are optimized for mounting on DIN rails and SIMATIC S7-1500 DIN rails. Direct wall mounting in various positions and mounting on a SIMATIC S7-300 DIN rail are also possible. Due to the SIMATIC S7-1500 enclosure dimensions, the devices are optimally suited for integration into an automation solution with SIMATIC S7-1500 components.
The network access points with degree of protection IP20 feature:
- A 2x 2-pin terminal block (push-in) for connecting the redundant supply voltage (2 x 24 V DC)
- The following status information is displayed on site by LEDs:
- Port status
- Port mode (e.g. 10/100/1000 Mbps, full/half-duplex)
- Status of the two power supplies
- Signaling contact status
- Signal mask (setpoint status)
- A 2-pin terminal block (push-in) for connecting the floating signaling contact
- A SELECT/SET button for on-site configuration of the signaling contact
The SCALANCE XC-300 switches are available with the following port types:
10/100/1000 Mbps, RJ45 connection
- Automatic detection of data transmission rate (10, 100 or 1000 Mbps), with autosensing and autocrossover function for connecting IE FC cables via IE FC RJ45 plugs over distances up to 100 m.
1/2.5/5/10 Gbps, RJ45 connection
- Automatic detection of data transmission rate (1000, 2500, 5000 or 10000 Mbps), with autosensing and autocrossover function for connecting IE FC cables via IE FC RJ45 plugs over distances up to 100
1/10 Gbps, SFP+ connector
- Use of 1000 Mbps or 10000 Mbps SFP+ transceiver for multimode or single-mode transceivers
- Setup of electrical and optical Industrial Ethernet line, star and ring topologies
- Use in ring topologies together with SCALANCE X‑200, SCALANCE X‑300, SCALANCE XM‑400 and XR‑500
- Uncrossed connecting cables can be used due to autocrossover function integrated in the ports
- Easy diagnostics using signaling contact, SNMP and web browser
- Easy copper cable diagnostics via web browser for localizing cable breaks
- Integration into the diagnostics of a PROFINET controller with expanded diagnostics functions for a consistent diagnostics concept, including network infrastructure
- Diagnostics of data traffic by means of a parameterizable mirror port with a standard commercial network analyzer
- Optimized support of PROFINET real-time communication (RT) through prioritizing
- Fast device replacement in the event of a fault by using the optional C-PLUG removable data storage medium (not included in scope of delivery)
- Redundant connection to company networks
The SCALANCE XC-300 switches support the standardized redundancy procedures Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP). This enables a subnetwork to be connected redundantly to a higher level corporate network with reduced requirements for the reconfiguration time (in the seconds range)
- Support of virtual LANs (VLANs)
For structuring Industrial Ethernet networks with a fast growing number of users, a physically existing network can be divided into several logical networks
- Load limiting with use of multicast protocols (e.g. querier, video)
By learning the multicast sources and targets (IGMP snooping), XC-300 switches can also filter multicast data traffic, thus limiting the load in the network. Multicast and broadcast traffic can be limited.
Network topology and network configuration
The SCALANCE XC-300 Industrial Ethernet switches with degree of protection IP20 are usually installed in a control cabinet together with the stations to be connected. Electrical and optical versions can be installed together in star, line and ring topologies.
When configuring the network, the following boundary conditions must be observed:
- Maximum cable length for twisted pair:
- Max. 100 m with Industrial Ethernet FC cable and Industrial Ethernet FC plugs
- Max. 10 m using patches with TP cord
- IP address:
The IP address can be assigned by means of the DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol). If there is no corresponding server in the network, the IP address can be assigned using the supplied software tool SINEC PNI (Primary Network Initialization) or STEP 7 / TIA Portal. Assignment via the local console port is also possible.